Life Plan of Core Values

    This week we wrote a short essay on what our life plan of core values would be. I would like to share exactly those. You will notice a simple pattern with each of my core values. They follow this structure: defining the core value, making an active statement or two, and stating a positive affirmation. The positive affirmation is weird for me, but I believe what I have been taught, and that is that the more that I say positive things, they become planted in my subconscious mind, and I will become that person that I strive to be. I also have to mention that these values are important to me, and therefore will contain more of the beliefs that motivate me and bring purpose and fulfillment to my life. 

    Charity: without pure love for everyone, I am nothing. The greatest joys in life are found when we exercise love. We become more like the Savior when we love. I will always choose to love. If I feel that I am out of love to give, I will still give love. I love everyone enduringly. I am charitable.

    Bringer of Light: light is the illuminating substance of our lives. The Savior is the light and life of the world. I will be someone who will carry and transfer that light to others. I am a bringer of light.

    Integritous: integrity is the ability to do what is right when no one is watching, or when consequences don’t seem present. I will not put myself in situations where my integrity is compromised. I will live up to the standards the Lord has set, and the standards that I hold for myself. I am an integritous son, brother, coworker, associate, and friend.

    Honest: honesty is one of the most admirable traits that someone can possess. I learned at an early age the importance of being an honest person. I would rather choose the consequences of telling the truth than the consequences of lying. I will not benefit from the consequences of lying. I will be transparent in everything that I do to whom it may concern at an appropriate level. I am honest.

    Lifelong Learner: the people that I look up to most in my life never stop learning. They are always seeking the best books to read. I will only learn things that will benefit myself and others. I am a lifelong learner.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Secrets

Girls vs. Boys

Light and Truth