So You Want to be an Entrepreneur?

    This week of our studies was a great reminder for me. The three most important concepts that I learned this week are: be monogamous in your career, you have to make time for your family, friends, and fun (and don’t try to crunch that time), and be loyal to God and family. The next three paragraphs will address these concepts respectively.

    I think that it is extremely important to keep your mind on just one career. It's easy to try and make money in a lot of different areas, but that can split your focus, and make you feel spread thin. This can be especially important when it comes to trying to be emotionally available for your family. This stuck out to me because I am somebody who does tend to spread myself thin. I want to be able to focus on one area of my life at a time. I can see the strength that comes from mastering a specific area of my life. What that does is gives me a certain foundation, professionally, so that I can take whatever challenges that come in stride, handling them with more quality and focus. Additionally, it creates a constant in my life that still leaves room for the other important areas of my life (i.e. family, friends, and fun).

    The biggest thing that people regret at the end of their life is that they didn't spend as much time, attention, and effort on their family. I don't want that to be me. I want to be able to be there for my family in every way. For me, I need to not be so caught up in the things that stress me out. I need to make time for the people that mean the most to me, as well as time to do the things that I truly enjoy. It starts with scheduling specific time, and not sacrificing that time for work or other obligations. What seems to be contradictory is still making sure that I am able to make time for my religious responsibilities.

    These are the small and simple things that really make the most difference to us in our lives. These are the things that have eternal significance, so they shouldn't be put on the back-burner. In the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, we place a big importance on religious responsibilities called “callings.” It never ceases to amaze me that my life can be so incredibly busy, especially with an additional, unplanned responsibility, but when I put God before anything else- fun, friends, and family- I feel like I can juggle all of these important aspects of my life even better. Ultimately, I prioritize the things that are most important to me. I’m currently not the best at it, but that’s why this study this week was a great reminder for me. I am grateful for all of the aspects of life that we have to try and balance, but I can attest to putting God first. When I do that, I know everything else seems to fall into place nicely in time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Secrets

Girls vs. Boys

Light and Truth