Celebrate Your Life

This final week of the semester’s concept is centered on the end result of your business. There were various resources that we had to study from that were essentially about having an enduring life plan throughout your life/business. What that means is finding the right way to run your business, and then to continue the course throughout the rest of your life. There were many examples that were shared, both good and bad, that showed the importance of this concept, and I’ll share my favorites here.

The first one is a scriptural account of King David. He was a righteous man to begin with, but eventually he let what was important to the world (defeating many men) and desires of the flesh (lusting after bathsheba) take precedence over the things of God. Because of this he was estranged from God. David began the race well, but eventually failed to finish his course.

Second, Tom Monaghan, the founder of Domino’s Pizza, talked about his experience as an entrepreneur. He was incredibly successful and had lots of things to show for it. One day he was reading the book, “Mere Christianity” by C. S. Lewis, and he realized that he was committing the sin of pride. The statement that hit him the hardest was, “pride doesn’t want just more, but more than other people.” He always knew that he had pride, but his realization was that he felt like he was the worst. So, he ended up selling his things and living a humble, frugal life by living in a college dorm room instead of a big, fancy house. He eventually fixed his path so that he could finish the race strong.

I love these examples because they are relatable to each of us. We might find ourselves in one or both of these examples at different periods of life. Personally, I feel like the main message here is pride. Now, I don’t know about you, but I don’t have the time to read the whole book by C. S. Lewis currently, so I will provide a shorter speech that has been incredibly influential to me. “Beware of Pride” by Ezra Taft Benson is powerful and insightful. I hope that I can be able to learn and apply the things that I learned this final week to my life and to my business, and I hope you can too, so that we can truly celebrate our lives! Good luck!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Girls vs. Boys

Light and Truth

5 Secrets